Stoke Park Woods
Stoke Park Wood sits partly in Fair Oak and partly in the neighbouring parish of Bishopstoke. This forest is home to grey squirrels, pine martens, deer and adders, and has several watercourses running through it. Originally these woods were owned by the Bishop of Winchester. King John of England hunted them in 1205, and in 1540 they were licensed by King Henry VIII as a fenced deer hunt.
A semi-natural rapidly flowing chalk stream which supports a variety of locally rare plant and animal species. The site has been recognised as important habitat for the Northern crested newt.
Lakeside Country Park
Created from reclaimed gravel pits, this lovely park is a peaceful oasis in the heart of Eastleigh, with lakes, water meadow and woodland. It's the perfect place to walk the dog, sit down with a picnic, enjoy a day’s fishing or just stop and watch the world go by.