Working remotely – at least some of the time – looks like it’s going to continue to be the norm for the modern workforce.
Even if you don’t think you can find the room for a dedicated office in your home, carving out a nook for that essential workspace might be easier than you think.
If you’re lucky enough to have a study or even a spare bedroom at home, you’re off to a head start. If you don’t, try to create a space you can work in and then clear away afterwards, so your home will still feel like home at the end of the day.
Here’s a few ideas to create a stylish workspace in your home.
- Use dividers to create an office space in an open-plan room.
- Choose an elegant desk that can double as a stylish piece of furniture in your living room.
- A chunky shelf and wall-mounted storage unit in an unused corner or alcove can create a small but useful workspace.
- A floating wall unit in a living room or kitchen can double as a desk or breakfast counter.
- If you have a study or spare bedroom as an office, add a few comfy chairs so you can have a cup of coffee away from your desk, or seat visitors.
- Add a stylish touch to a workspace by bringing in unusual art or sculpture.
- Make sure you choose the right desk – do you need plenty of surface space for paper, or just room for a laptop and a coffee?
- Paint your home office in neutral, calming colours.
- Make sure you have good lighting, either overhead or on your desk to work by.
- Transform your desk with some greenery – bringing plants into a room can improve your mood and wellbeing, and purify the air around you, too.