Christmas is over; it’s time to undeck the halls and prepare for the New Year.
Taking down the decorations always leaves the house feeling a little flat – and cold days and dark nights don’t help!
But you can help ward off the blues this winter by injecting some cheer into your home.
Here are our top tips for livening up your living space this January.
- Bring in some colour. If you’re keen to get painting for a fresh new look, consider the top shades for 2022 – think warm neutrals, vivacious greens, and warm yellows. All good colours to lift the spirits! And if you don’t fancy digging out the paintbrushes, invest in some bright cushions and throws.
- Spring clean. When you’re packing up the Christmas decs, take the opportunity to declutter and refresh. You’ll feel much better, and your home will, too.
- Keep it sweet. Switch up your seasonal scents. Keep the warming cinnamon and orange candles and diffusers you’ve been enjoying over Christmas but add in fresh spring florals like jasmine and orange blossom.
- Bring the outside in. It might be cold and dreary outside, but you can still enjoy the beauty of the natural world indoors. Fill the house with flower arrangements and plenty of house plants – you can even collect seashells on a windswept walk along the beach and bring them home to display in a pretty glass jar on the coffee table or in the bathroom.
- Make plans. Now is the time to sit down with a stack of home magazines and plan your interior decorations for the year ahead. Whether it’s a whole home refresh, a single room update, or just some gorgeous new accessories, use this bleak period to focus on bright things ahead.